View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Link I've Had TOS Surgery

hi and welcome, bookworm!

you should head over to the TOS forum (if i weren't such a computer illiterate i would thow up the link for you right here...); there's a ton of info about the rib resection/partial scalenectomy over there, as well as the full scalenectomy procedure without rib resection. transaxillary approach vs. supraclavicular, perioperative care, PT or not PT (ha ha, little take on the bard, there, couldn't resist, sorry)... and on and on.

you will meet some great people and be able to access the current medical literature on this still fairly controversial area of medicine.

i take it you are in canada? we have several canucks on the forum across different provinces. but as you may have guessed, TOS does not discriminate, so while the board is a little stateside heavy we do have members from all over the world chiming in with their experience and support, from all walks of life.

if you fool around with the 'search' function towards the upper righthand portion of your screen, you will be able to figure out how to pull up older threads on any given topic (like getting ready for surgery, what to do to get your house ready for your immediate return, stuff like that...), or you can recall threads by poster name if you'd like, using the 'advanced search' modality.

the stickys up top of the TOS forum are rife with information as well. when is your surgery schedded for, bookworm, and who is your surgeon? i take it you have tried a good long course of PT and have not had sustainable results from it; is that right?

i'm sorry for the reasons you are here, but very glad you've found us. look forward to getting to know you better. i wish i knew where you were located in canada but like most americans i am afraid i am clueless, so you'll have to educate me...

alison

Last edited by Sea Pines 50; 07-03-2007 at 11:50 PM. Reason: could it be... to fix a mistake? ooooooh i'll never tell, sssssshhh
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote