View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 01:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default RSD/CRPS muscle spasms and crippled fingers - any advice?

I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome by dr. Bowser at Kaiser - BTW, don't ever go to her, folks! Not only she is ignorant, she really does not care. Lost 2.5 months fighting against steroid injection and CTS diagnosis until finally got a referral from her to PT.

I got a chiropractor treatment, who determined that I had a pinched nerve in my neck, shoulder and elbow which caused the symptoms of numbness, swelling and tingling pain. She released the nerve and I have been working with PT and chiropractor to clear the pinched nerve problem.

PT told me that I most likely have CRPS. All I read online tells me that it is CRPS. I am also seeing acupuncturist. He rid me of severe pains, improved my upper back, shoulders and neck muscles and put me on a strict diet to reduce inflammation in hands.

I am now left with crippled, painful fingers and can't type or use mouse. My job requires computer work. Not sure what to do. Acupuncturist seems to be stuck with it, it is getting worse. Also, muscle weakness is spreading to arms and I started feeling pain and stiffness in my elbows and knees. I need this job to pay my medical bills (Kaiser does not cover my chiro or acupuncture) and there was no work-related or other injury - this thing came out of a blue sky.

Advice, anybody?
thg957 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote