View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome - sorry you are in so much pain

Welcome to the FM forum. Sorry you are here but glad you found a source to possibly help with a listening ear and responses from others who share your symptoms. I too was diagnosed with fibro when I was 38. Started in face, head, neck areas. It gradually spread through trauma to other areas. However, I was able to keep it in check with trigger point injections. Unfortunately, now it is full body and it is difficult to treat with tpi's. If you can find someone who is extremely knowledgable about TPI's you may want to try that route. Maybe they could just try one area at a time (neck, shoulders, etc.)
I have not found any drugs that help relieve the pain. I've tried over 40 including morphine, etc. I have severe facial pain and TMJ also.
I have found that anything invasive(ex:- IV) or any trauma (falls, people hugging me very hard, shaking my hand,etc.) triggers it off. I feel like the "bubble girl" and should wear a sign "DO Not Touch". Unfortunately, medical exams by drs. or dentists as well as treatment have triggered off new areas of FM. I could give many examples but my arms hurt too much to type any more. Be cautious of Dr. visits and investigate any suggested treatments.
Best wishes to you. PM me any time if you'd like. I am retired now as I am disabled due to FM , RSD, etc.
Sydney
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote