View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 11:43 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyM View Post
levaquin. im aware of the association with PN. my doc thought it was more likely immune mediated related to my infection rather than the antibiotic but he said i'll never know. two months ago i was 100% healthy. now im a friggn emotional wreck. which is a bad thing b/c anxiety and poor sleep seem to make things worse. sometimes i have a good attitude but other times i dont. ive really withdrawn. this is like a cruel joke. my symptoms started as one thing the first month then totally changed the second. numbness and tingling went away then had foot burning, wet drops on my extrems and fasiculations (probably from anxiety and sleeplessness). i think i need to try and ignore everything, paying attention makes it worse.

i keep thinking i didnt realize how good i had it before this. unhealthy thought i know but cant help it.
I remember when I first had symptoms and like you I was so depressed. My mental image of myself had always been a healthy person. Then, all of the sudden just standing up took an effort. I remember one day last December when I tried to take a pan of fish from the oven and nearly dropped it because of the weight. I had to decide each day what I wanted to achieve because I knew it was a one shot and I'm done kind of thing. I also remember very vividly making plans for how to deal with life, thinking about hiring help around the house, wondering if I would need disability. Fortunately, those thoughts are long gone. My body has adjusted. I have adjusted. I think a lot of the battle with this is just accepting that we have a new normal and building on our strengths.

I still have days that I feel like I'm dragging around tree trunks--and yes, I get down and wonder if I will need a walker before long and wonder why me. But I also have some days that I just don't notice it so bad. And that's a pretty good day.

One more note. I know you have read a lot about b12, but even if your levels are normal--mine were, get a supplement. I have been supplementing for about a month. I can tell a difference.
teachermom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote