View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 06:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default My symptoms came on suddenly as well

and changed over the 1st few months. Not the same exact order as yours, but I don't think that really makes much difference. At this point they are mild enough to not wreck me most of the time.

I totally relate to the sleep issues and I want to share what I have done that has helped.

Fasciculations: magnesium & calcium in the form of a pill and also a magnesium lotion has benefited me greatly. I also think D3 is quite important. I have been able to literally stop fasciculations by using my 10's machine. I don't mean forever, but for that night so I can sleep. Sometimes they may come back very mildly in the early morning but a little magnesium lotion usually takes care of it and I can go back to sleep.

Burning: I believe Benfotiamine and fish oil have lessened the burn.
Taking gabapentin might be helping also, especially with sleep. I took that for some time and am now weaning off. In the beginning until I got this all under some control I also gave in to a sleeping pill when I had something important the next day or was an emotional wreck from lack of sleep.

If you want any specific info just PM me. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyM View Post
levaquin. im aware of the association with PN. my doc thought it was more likely immune mediated related to my infection rather than the antibiotic but he said i'll never know. two months ago i was 100% healthy. now im a friggn emotional wreck. which is a bad thing b/c anxiety and poor sleep seem to make things worse. sometimes i have a good attitude but other times i dont. ive really withdrawn. this is like a cruel joke. my symptoms started as one thing the first month then totally changed the second. numbness and tingling went away then had foot burning, wet drops on my extrems and fasiculations (probably from anxiety and sleeplessness). i think i need to try and ignore everything, paying attention makes it worse.

i keep thinking i didnt realize how good i had it before this. unhealthy thought i know but cant help it.