View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 07:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heb1212 View Post
Mickey... I'm so sorry. I empathize with both your painful symptoms and your panic and have described it as if my body was invaded. I think the emotion and panic was ALMOST as bad as the pain. I too had an acute onset of body-wide nerve pain after a virus. I didn't take antibiotics though. It's been suggested that my condition is "immune mediated" or post-viral, something that Glennj has discussed in great detail in this site. It's been a difficult long road for me, but I've dug deep to care for my family and maintain my job. I guess if I can offer anything to you, it would be that it can be done. I hope that with time your body will heal.
It's so strange ... I had sudden onset after taking a flu shot in October ... by end of November my feet and ankles were totally numb and stiff. I did have very mild tingling and numbness in feet, but perhaps the flu vaccine accelerated the condition? Feet up to the knees are stiff, painful and I feel tightness and burning all over my body when at rest. Bedtime and waking up are the worst - scary symptoms! And, walking is very difficult. I was perfectly fit a few months ago - even went hiking in the South of France! But now, painful knees started last week ... I am hopeful I'll get control of this disease at some point or at least stop the progression. It seems from what I've read from Senior members is that the initial flare up is the worst and then symptoms subside? True? Or ... maybe we just get used to dealing with daily pain and disability.
rec60661 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Boatdoc (02-21-2016)