View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 08:54 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

I didn't think they served 4oz steaks in America, bizi. All the food programmes I watch show 16 or 32oz, extreme lumps of beautifully marbled meat Even on our diets, my daughter and I are only restricting ourselves to 6oz portions of meat or poultry.

The Pub/Restaurant was fun, but problematical in so many ways. I hadn't spoken to my Father for 8 years when he came up with the idea of buying in together to heal rifts. I quit a very lucrative, successful career, ended a long-term relationship and sold everything including my house to make a go of it in a new area.

The Business was great, personal relationships were terrible after the first month, my Dad and I just didn't get on - too much damage and unresolved issues. I even ended up in a Mental Hospital it became so bad.

We sold Real Ale from small Breweries all round the Country alongside Staple Yorkshire Ales. In the Restaurant everything was fresh and as locally produced as possible. We had traditional fare, from trout, salmon and scampi to steaks and roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. Everything was done with flair and style, my Mother may have had many faults, but her cooking was second to none.

Unfortunately, my Dad contracted Cancer, took Private treatment for which his Insurance fell short and we had to sell fast at a massive loss. I basically lost everything I had worked years for. The only things I took from the enterprise was a new, stable area to live in and a relationship which gave me my family. I would not trade these for anything.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-15-2016), KnowNothingJon (02-20-2016), PamelaJune (02-18-2016)