View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 05:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Nerve damage in right hand

Hello Everyone, This is my first post so please be kind.

First off, any and all constructive feedback is appreciated, as I have registered in another board years ago for my hip replacement and it was VERY, VERY helpful, not to mention the support received.

Brief History: On July 2010 I fell with a glass bottle in my right hand, during the fall the bottle broke and I lacerated my palm and did nerve damage, mostly median. Surgery was done 1 week later, and went to rehab. Long story short, I do have full movement of thumb/fingers, the bottom of my index finger has always been numb after the surgery, a little tingling when I touch the palm where surgery was done, and the side of the long finger next to index is a little sensitive. The numbness never really bothered me, and there was never really any other pain/aggravation.

Now current day: Over the past 3 months, my index finger increased in tingling (all over), at times there is a burning sensation, and even some stabbing sensations. Also, and even less, there is a tingling sensation around my wrist on the same hand that happens infrequently, but nevertheless happens. This is 24x7 and is starting to wear on me emotionally and mentally. Went to Orthopedic surgeon, and he doesn't think another surgery will help to see if anything can be corrected, being that it's been 5 1/ years. My general doctor said to try a topical supplement, so I have been using Deep Blue. It helps my tennis elbow, but so far it doesn't seem to be helping my hand/finger. Update, Deep Blue has elevated the hand sensation so I stopped using it. I do have an appointment with a Neurologist for March 2, 20016 to have a EMG and NCV tests done. IMO, I feel this is related to the accident in 2010 and a possible Neuroma, or possibly my Tennis elbow that occured just before the hand sensation, or a combination of both.

Questions: I am hoping that the tingling, burning, and stabbing doesn't get worse, I am ok with not having any feeling in the index finger, I just want to have some emotional/mental relief from feeling this 24x7. The pain is bearable, it's just all the time which is starting to effect me emotionally. My questions are,
1. has anyone tried supplements?
2. What types of medicine(s) seem to help?as NSAIDS don't appear to help
3. Any feedback is welcomed that may provide me some insight on what the future MAY bring

Thanks All,

Bob
bestbob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote