Thread: Tarlov Cyst
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 09:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

My problem started with sitting pain. Just couldn't get comfortable in my office chair. Then it turned to burning in rectum uretha had to stop wearing underwear. I think my problems started with exercising with kettle bells. Numerous squats with weights are not a good combination. I did everything from physical therapy acupuncture chiropractor nothing helped. In fact people with Tarlov cysts should not do pt or have chiro adjustments. I doctored for 3 years and had numerous MRIs before I was told I had cysts and that came from a second opinion.
I had surgery with dr f in Dallas on November 11, 2015 so I am 3 months post op. I am not any better, in fact I feel worse. Maybe I'll turn a corner maybe I won't. As of today I would not do the surgery again if I could go back. I had 7 cysts s1-s4. 2 months prior to surgery I started taking Wellbutrin and I was noticeable improved. I could do everything I could do before except exercise and have an orgasm. But, I wanted more of my old life back and it's such a big ordeal to get scheduled with dr f and the surgery date was already set so I went thru with it.
Recovery has been extremely difficult and at times I thought I would not live to see another day. The surgical experience in Dallas was not good.
i think people with cysts s1-2 have a better outcome than those of us with them lower. I didn't know that going in and that would have affected my decision. I think the lower the cysts are on your sacrum the chances of a good recovery are less.
So, surgery might be ok for you if you've exhausted your other options.
Ask me any questions
Telvaker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote