View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 09:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie33 View Post

Madisongrrl, Thank you for responding. I will talk to my Neuro this coming Thurs about the LDN. If I understanding you correctly, Lymes is the cause of your sfn? What did you take that reduced your burning?
Yes, Lyme disease is the cause of my neuropathy (large and small fiber). LDN and antibiotics reduced the burning. I can wear shoes now without pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie33 View Post
And does Nortriptyline help your pain. Do you get any SE's with it. I tried Amitriptyline but it caused skipped heart beats. Plus my BP is normal to low, and Doc said it would probably lower it more. I would love trying it after reading what MrsD wrote, that it could have some "healing" affects.
Could that be why your getting better?
Nortriptyline helps with my facial pain. I have nerve pain that runs from the left side of my throat all they way to my eye. If I cared enough to follow up with my neuro, I would suppose that it would be classified as atypical face pain. Nortriptline does help with that. I've run out of it before and also tried to quit it....but I can't because my face starts hurting to the point where I can't function. I had a reduction in burning withing 2 weeks of starting LDN and antibiotics; so this is really what has made the biggest improvement in the quality of my life.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KnowNothingJon (02-20-2016), Marie33 (02-16-2016), mrsD (02-15-2016)