View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 01:48 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Fistula after wisdom tooth extraction

Hello everyone! I'm hoping to get some insight into what's going on. On 28th January, I had three wisdom teeth removed under local anesthetic. The procedure went well, although the bottom right wisdom tooth had very deep roots and required a lot of arm muscle from my oral surgeon. A few days after the procedure, I noticed the pain in said difficult extraction site was getting worse and that the blood clot was no logger there. My OS took a look, said that she suspected dry socket, but that the wound site was otherwise healing well. We packed it and I as told to ome back every couple of days for dressings to ease the discomfort.

It's been about a week and a half since I was last there and I have no more pain, thankfully. However, a fistula has formed on the extraction site (sort of on the inner wall of one side, obscuring the view of the hole) and it continually drains - the pres sure will build, the pus will come out, but within an hour it fills again. What sort of treatment am I looking at? Should I just continue with salt water rinses? Will it resolve on it's own?

Thanks so much for any information!
Kait is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote