View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 01:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash View Post
FHP - forward head posture is a no no. It will worsen the strain on upper traps.

Have your posture examined. Since you were physically fit and don't have a history of trauma, thats a good thing.

For venous/arterial, don't they do doppler scans? Jomar would know more.

It could just be plain and simple muscle imbalances. Weak shoulder stabilizers, and overactive upper traps, overactive pec minor and lats (both go together). Please have your posture assessed by a good PT, since many folks with TOS tend to have bad kyphosis (upper back, worsening/weakening shoulder blade stabilizers) and forward head or either flat or arched lower back.

It might just mean some gradual PT and return to good health.

In short, please be positive.
Thanks Aklash,
It's been 2 years. I tried pt for 2 months in the beginning and it made me much worse. Increased dizziness, dysphagia, and jaw pain, and lost even more range of motion.
There is also nerve damage all over my body which adds to this, so it is an unusual combination case I guess.
About the shoulders and traps, I have always had weak shoulders despite the amount of weight lifting and push ups I did, but i didnt listen to my body and made my self do it anyway because I wanted to be "healthy and fit". I started to realize in the end that it wasn't normal human activity to do reps and to exercise this way. I notice that after 2 years of being unable to work out, my traps still look muscular and the rest of my body has gone to crap. I've never heard of overactive sets of muscle groups before. That is interesting.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote