View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 01:35 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member
Default Higher Doses of Vit C and PAIN

I'll try to make this short, but a friend with knee pain from OA is working with about 8grams ascorbic acid and in about 4 days she's telling me, she feels like she has new knees. I'm on this protocol now. She is taking 4grams twice a day, using NutriBiotic pure Vit C. She takes powder form...I have to get some.

I've read a LOT of Linus Pauling info in the last couple days and Pauling came up with 6grams daily is what would help to keep us healthier. I have been taking most days 2grams.... Pauling it's said took 12grams daily. He's been gone since 1994 and died at 93. But his life with Vit C lives on. He also said that if everyone took at least 500mg Vit C daily, many lives would be saved.

I have a great link from Mercola on Pauling and may post it soon.

Anyway, I've done a little search on Vit C and nerve pain issues. Info is out there. Foods are great if one believes they can get adequate support, I don't believe I can and I eat pretty well. But how much can we eat?

Taking higher Vit C one has to be aware that C can cause more acidic body so taking a little baking soda with the C is important or a little bit of calcium to keep us alkaline enough.

Anyway, I'm on my 2nd day of higher Vit C for arthritic knees and OA in general and keeping the faith this will reduce pain...Vit C builds collagen and attacks free radicals.

One friend reminded me to make sure I'm taking probiotics, which I am. A 30billion unit Healthy Origins product.

Higher doses of Vit C can cause loose bowels, so be on top of that one.

Just sharing what is my NEW endeavor. C
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (02-16-2016), pinkynose (02-16-2016)