View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Still doing ok BUT......

Hey my friends.....thanks for the recent posts....I really appreciate them

Y'all make me so happy !

What I've figured out is that if I take 1/2 to a whole oxycodone about an hour after taking my morning ER Morphine I feel like my old self.

My dr told me to ONLY TAKE the oxycodone at least 6 hours after the morphine. But I was feeling so poorly Saturday morning that I took 1/2 an oxycodone and within an hour I was feeling good and that's the day I went to Home Depot.

I know they have office policies about how much of what you can take and when they can be taken.

If this keeps working for me I'd like to tell my pain dr about it but I am a little worried about telling him too. I'd like to know WHY this is working for me. Does the oxycodone help to make the morphine work better ? I take these about 9 or 10 am and then about 4 pm I take another oxycodone and I do pretty well during the evening.

I have actually been awake all day long for the last few days which is extremely rare for me. I have spent time in bed resting but not sleeping throughout the day.

My head is 'clear' during this time and my thought process is much better.

Any idea why taking my meds like this might be helping ?

Its only been a few days but I'm hopeful this will keep on and if so I can add things throughout the day, like sweeping and such things as that.

Due to be in the bed or on the couch so much the last 3 years I know my muscles are weak and I've got to add a little activity at a time to get my strength back.

Thank all of you for your well wishes. That really means a lot to me.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (02-17-2016), EnglishDave (02-16-2016), Hopeless (02-16-2016), KnowNothingJon (02-16-2016)