Thread: Bachissimo blog
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 05:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Bachissimo blog

I would find it useful if some of us, those who have been unlucky enough to deal with this for a long stretch of time, can have a dedicated blog to track our progress (or lack of it).

I am not feeling well enough to write the full story, but the very summarized version of this is as follows:

- impact on July 1st 2014

- virtually a full recovery by mid august. running, sprinting, weights, reading, watching,... never a headache, no moment of dizziness. the only weird this is that I heard this ticking sound in my head/neck when I went to sleep sometimes (for a minute)

- flight to europe and back in end-August. The same day I am back I went on a treadmill, and had a moment of vertigo (or a skipped moment (?) more on this later). The months that followed were the worse I ever lived (went through breakup too): dizziness/light headed (main symptom), headaches, fatigue, insomnia, depression. Off work for 2.5 months.

- very gradual improvement until july 2015, where I felt good on most days. if I average, perhaps an hour of dizziness a day.

- flight to europe and back in August 2015. Got dizzy there, and when I came back. I understood that flying was an important trigger but still did not appreciate the full extent of this. Within 2 days, I go for light workout and a push-up gives me vertigo (or a skipped moment (?) more on this later). Again 2 months off work. Dizziness, headaches, insomnia... But this time I developed new triggers: noise! and reading automatically makes me worse. Wasn't to the same extent the previous year. The previous year I could play piano, now I can't without getting dizzy.

- by Jan 2016: I am on an antidepressant (lamictal), I use clonazepam to sleep (direction of my pscyhiatrist) and exercise lightly at direction of neurologist.

I had some good weeks, when I almost forgot about PCS only to have a trigger set me off for weeks.

DIZZINESS is my main problem. I do not mind headaches as much, as I can take medicines for that, although one day I overdid Ibuprofen and had stomach issues. When I read this forum I only compare myself with people who experience dizziness, as it is possible that the root causes of different symptoms are different (obvious?).

I am waiting for my insurance to start my vision therapy. I have convergence problems, and since my second flight, it became obvious that reading is a major issue.

the more I rest the better I feel. But eventually I get sick of resting, so I go back to working, I try to pace it, but eventually, PCS will catch up on me.

suspicion: since I am the only case I found so far where flight was, without a shadow of doubt, a MAJOR set-back (equivalent to another concussion), I suspect something else is going on. I am thinking that perhaps I had a mini-seizure(s) on the flight or when I got back. IS THAT POSSIBLE?

I track my symptoms everyday, and eventually I will upload a chart that can speak a million words about what I am dealing with.
bachissimo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote