Thread: Bachissimo blog
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 08:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I, too, have had problems with airplanes and have dizziness and headaches on a daily basis.
My first plane flight was 15 months post my initial accident, 9/13, and I refused to get on another plane until this past December. I have since told my family that flying and being in airports is way too over-stimulating for me and the vacation is not a vacation with my PCS.

It doesn't sound like you are having seizures to me either. The 2 times I have flown,my headaches, dizziness, and nausea severely set me back for weeks. I am sound sensitive and had to wear noise canceling headphones in the airport and plane in December 2015. I was not smart enough to do so on my first flight in 2014 and suffered for 1 month upon returning home. Between changes in air pressure affecting the brain and ears and the noise level in and outside the plane, flying is not the best thing for any one with PCS.

I have convergence problems, too, and have been receiving vision therapy & wearing prism lenses since 9/14. Reading is becoming somewhat more tolerable, but I must monitor how long I read or use an iPad as I get headaches from visual tasks.

I'm pretty bored from all this "resting" and have been finding tai chi and yoga classes are helpful. The calming music in these classes is tolerable and I crave the social stimulation of a class as my sound sensitivity makes it difficult to go to movies, restaurants etc.

Good luck with the vision therapy. It has definitely helped me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMSotr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote