View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 09:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Cortisol Panel

I too had a panel (although it may not be the same type) and I was wondering how mine compared to yours. I was put on a supplement, not a prescription medication, that had quite a bad effect on me and I had to stop. Basically my brain was switched on and I couldn't sleep and I was so morose I didn't want to be around anyone or go anywhere. Although I am quite sure you will be well versed in any side effects I felt it would be remiss to not mention this. I had blamed my reactions on other things and it took me awhile to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisongrrl View Post
I had a follow up appointment with my Lyme clinicians today. We talked about my symptoms, changed around my antibiotics, and talked about some new lab results.

I had a cortisol panel done and it was one of the worst ones they had ever seen. So I'm actually going to be getting some prescription medication for this in the short term and some supplementation for the longer term to see if this can be corrected. This is one of the reasons why I'm always so tired.

I also had a toxic metal screen. They did a pre and post provocative challenge, which means that they tested my urine first. Then I was given EDTA and my urine was collected for the next several hours. The results were interesting to say the least. I was above the normal ranges for aluminum, gadolinium, lead, nickel, cesium and uranium. The cesium was the most perplexing and concerning. There is not a good reason for it, nor do I know the source.

There are many ways to get rid of heavy metals, but I've elected for chelation. I had my first IV today. They are taking some baseline mineral labs because chelation can also pull those out of your body as well. I will be adding in a mineral supplement to protect against this loss.