View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 02:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default en bloc

Thanks for the post.....lots of info that I can relate to.

When I was on the BuTrans and I did too much I had the same result as I did today. Just down and out but usually for days at a time. I also had to take my oxycodone 3 times a day and told my pain dr that it was actually 'part' of my pain regimen and not just for breakthrough pain. He agreed.

I also told him that I could not wait 8 hours between the oxycodone while on the BuTrans and that I was taking the 3 about every 4 to 5 hours apart a day. He said "you're not suppose to do that" but didn't tell me not to. He actually didn't say anything other than that.

So my 'head' feelings are a result of too much pain ? That makes sense. My neuro actually wrote "intractable" pain in my records when I was filing for SSDI.

I don't know that I've accepted the amount of pain I'm in. I always see the glass half full vs half empty. I never think I'm worse than anyone else. I've always had self confidence issues.....I think all this plays a part in my pain and how I feel about it.

I have seen another poster on here that is on the 30 mg of ER Morphine and it works for her very well and she does only use oxycodone for breakthrough pain.

Good suggestion on saying I've tried taking an oxy sooner on occasion and it seems to help more without any side effects.

It's just weird to me that after I take the oxycodone it just helps so much. Is it enhancing the morphine somehow? And if that works then why could I not use them together. Are both meds together just too much on the body ?

This combination is helping much more than the BuTrans/oxycodone did.

Since I've lost Bubba I feel so lost and alone in trying to figure all this out. He was my sounding board and the kids try but just don't understand chronic pain.

I know this message is all over the place. Please excuse me for that.

Thanks en bloc....I very much appreciate any help/suggestions.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (02-17-2016), echoes long ago (02-18-2016), EnglishDave (02-17-2016), Hopeless (02-17-2016), KnowNothingJon (02-17-2016), Susanne C. (02-17-2016)