View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 03:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default question on Median nerve, or any nerve for that matter

Hello Everyone, this may be a stupid question, so please bear with me. In my opinion the symptoms I have lead me to believe they are sensory in nature and contained to the median nerve in my palm to the index and long finger. My motor skills/muscle strength for all fingers is intact, I just don't have much feeling in the index finger and it tingles, burns, and has the stabbing needles feeling all the time.

The question is, can a nerve be killed, deadened, severed, or whatever the word is so the sensory feeling will go away, but not the motor ability? Meaning, if the median nerve that feeds my index finger was killed so there is no more sensory feeling, what would be wrong with that, I don't have much feeling now. The one item I think of though is the phantom limb feeling, but again I know very, very little of PN and am just starting to learn by reading all the wonderful posts.

Hopefully the NCV/EMG being done on March 1st will uncover the root cause, like a Neuroma and the scar can be removed that's compressing/blocking the nerve.

Am I being silly with the above question?

Thanks and Best Regards All,

Bob
bestbob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote