View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerie View Post
Well it seems that all pharmacies participate in a program called E prescription. What I don't understand is why couldn't my pharmacist just say so? I also would like to be able to opt out but it seems since it doesn't exist or violate hippa electronic pharmacy laws (really?" ) how do I get the gov and insurance out of my script business? I'm asking my dr for a hand written script and paying cash except for my compounded meds because they cost so much. I'm using Mexican meds for my other needs. Once a year I'll get a klonopin script so when I pee test I'm not in violation of drug contracts for compounded narcotics which aren't absorbed anyways on blood stream but probably reported by e Pharm data base. Unless someone else knows s way to keep my dr pt relationship out of everyone else's business.
If I thought paying cash for opiates would do the trick I'd ask for hand script. No more being dumped by chickens of the DEA . Anything anyone knows that I can do to protect myself from this stuff? When you live hrs from pain managements you have to dr shop for help when in trouble and need care or pain meds in the ER.

Paper scripts and cash will not keep you out of the system. They still have to enter in everything they fill. I'm not clear on the reason you don't want your medications entered into the system. It's primary objective to check for any interactions. Also please be careful getting your medication from Mexico because you have no idea what is in there. There are no quality controls in place in these 3rd world countries.
NurseKris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (02-18-2016), Hopeless (02-17-2016), Littlepaw (02-18-2016)