View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just as en bloc said, your morphine will have to go up. While mine was in the stages of being titrated up, I had to do the same thing, take an oxycodone to get out of bed. Now that I am at 30 mg x 3 daily, every 8 hours, I only take the oxycodone on a very busy day or when the weather is really bad. I average one per day. I am fine in the morning, but that is with taking the MS Contin last thing before bed and again at 7 am. They really don't work for 12 hours for many people.
I think this sounds extremely hopeful! It is tricky to work with the doctor on this, sometimes you have to be very diplomatic. My doctor could tell by how many oxycodone I needed that the dose was too low, also my dentist said that grinding my teeth at night was a sign of inadequate pain relief and that helped corroborate what I was saying. They can't go up all at once but he should be aware that the dose will need to be adjusted.
I don't understand the warning not to take them together. I was never told that. Since the morphine is extended release you aren't getting it all at once so the timing shouldn't matter, should it?
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (02-17-2016), echoes long ago (02-18-2016), en bloc (02-17-2016), Hopeless (02-18-2016), KnowNothingJon (02-18-2016), St George 2013 (02-19-2016)