View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmgirlkelly View Post
Long story short, I'm still in limbo trying to figure out what's going on. I had a neuro 7 years ago that I really liked but back in November when symptoms returned, it was going to be February until I could see her. I took the appointment and in the meantime saw another neuro who could get me in on a cancellation much sooner. He has done my emg (neg) and ordered some bloodwork for me. He doesn't really know what it going on. He has now ordered a brain mri for me and I'm waiting for the center to call and schedule it. In the meantime, my appointment with my old neuro is coming up Monday and I'm trying to decide if it's ok to keep! I would really like to get her opinion but I feel like I'm cheating on this other doctor
Should I take copies of my labs and just have her order an MRI and start seeing her? Since I have the majority of my symptoms in my arms and legs I questioned the current neuro about adding in the spine mri but his nurses answer was we would just do the brain for now. I don't really want 2 rounds of contrast dye if i can help it if he's going to just order the spine if the brain is negative. Anyhow, if you've made it this far, thank you and any advice is appreciated!
It's not cheating. You have to concern yourself with you. After I was first diagnosed, I went on to "cheat" on my neurologist 7 times. I was just sure he was wrong and someone else would give me a "curable" answer. 7 other neurologists including the top MS doc in my state and everyone gave me the same answer. Now the denial is gone and it's time to focus on my and my health. I do see the first neuro on a regular basis, but do visit others. I like to know my options
cdwyer49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Starznight (02-22-2016)