View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 12:17 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

great resource
http://www.parkinson.org/sites/defau...on_Matters.pdf

protein strategies start on page 12 but regardless what you do, there is going to be some period where amino acids from food will block entry of L-DOPA thru the BBB.
there is the 7:1 and 5:1 carbohydraterotein ratio strategy is mentioned that might overcome the BBB problem, haven't tried it

I tend to just eat most of my protein at night and just put up with the OFF's during the day, "i want to eat a whole egg"!. as soon as i feel "OFF" coming on i'll take a 25/100 and then 1/2 of a 25/100 every half hr until i start going "ON", giving up after 200mg. obviously not a science and you have to be careful you don't take too much.
sometimes depending on whether i have taken a CR in my last dose before eating or not, I'll take a 50mg regular C/L and a 200CR, knowing that the 200cr will take at least an hr to kick in and if the 50 doesn't do anything i'm pretty sure the 200CR will. i try not to take 200CR's in a row, every once in awhile there is a delayed on and the 2 doses overlap and i just feel yukky!!

i believe the SINEMET insert menions it lasts longer if taken with food, i assume that will delay gastric emptying, the pill will stay longer "upstream" from the area of the small intestine where l-dopa is absorbed rather than going past that area. i still haven't found an article really describing where the pill goes. if someone looks in your stomach are they going to find the "carcasses" of used up 50/200's? i put one in water, never changed shape after 2 days, just turned into the consistancy of a gummy bear.

as far as the affect of fat, that is mentioned in an article for dosing RYTARY by hauser, fat slows down gastric emptying, he SPECULATES eating ice cream would be a good choice.
google "how to dose rytary hauser" and pick the first link.

i've played with cooking carrots in the microwave, drizzle a piece of carrot with a tsp of olive oil and taking with a 50/200CR and for the few times i tried it didn't notice any longer "ON" but i might try it again. just getting lazy and apathetic.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote