View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 01:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default help with MRI results please

CLINICAL INDICATION: Low back pain EXAM DESCRIPTION: LUMBAR SPINE WITHOUT CTRST -MRI COMPARISON: None. TECHNIQUE: Multisequence, multiplanar MR imaging of the lumbar spine was performed without the use of intravenous contrast.

FINDINGS: One hundred thirty images. It will be assumed that there are 5 non-rib-bearing lumbar type vertebral bodies present. If surgery is planned, conventional radiography of the spine is recommended for vertebral body numbering.
Vertebral body heights and alignment are within normal limits.
Intraosseous hemangiomas are evident within the L3 and L4 vertebral bodies.
The conus is unremarkable. Sagittal imaging only of the L1-L2 level demonstrates no disc protrusion, spinal canal stenosis, or significant neural foraminal narrowing.

L2-L3: The dorsal disc margin is intact. No spinal canal stenosis or significant neural foraminal narrowing is identified.

L3-L4: The dorsal disc margin is intact. No spinal canal stenosis or significant neural foraminal narrowing is identified.

L4-L5: The dorsal disc margin is intact. No spinal canal stenosis or significant neural foraminal narrowing is identified. Facet arthropathy is seen.

L5-S1: Right eccentric disc bulging is identified. A small annular tear is noted along the posterior margin of the disc bulge. There is associated mild spinal canal stenosis (AP dimension of 6- 7 mm) as well as moderate right neural foraminal narrowing with probable adjacent mass effect on the exiting right nerve root secondary to the disc bulge. Facet arthropathy is noted. Disc desiccation is seen. Degenerative marrow endplate changes are present.

IMPRESSION: Right eccentric disc bulging at the L5-S1 level resulting in moderate right-sided neural foraminal narrowing with probable mass effect on the exiting right nerve root and mild spinal canal stenosis. Facet arthropathy in the lower lumbar spine.

I have had sciatica now for almost 2 months continuously. /i am doing water therapy - had to do therapy before my insurance would cover a MRI. I have known about the herniated disc for years and my back has hurt for a long, long time but I would have periods of relief. Now there is no relief. I can't walk more than 5 minutes - I can shop because I lean on the shopping cart. Sitting hurts if I am in one position too long. I also have fibromyalgia which doesn't help in the pain area.

Last edited by Jomar; 02-18-2016 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added spaces for easier reading
Dimples1960 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote