View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 08:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisongrrl View Post
Yes, Lyme disease is the cause of my neuropathy (large and small fiber). LDN and antibiotics reduced the burning. I can wear shoes now without pain.

Nortriptyline helps with my facial pain. I have nerve pain that runs from the left side of my throat all they way to my eye. If I cared enough to follow up with my neuro, I would suppose that it would be classified as atypical face pain. Nortriptline does help with that. I've run out of it before and also tried to quit it....but I can't because my face starts hurting to the point where I can't function. I had a reduction in burning withing 2 weeks of starting LDN and antibiotics; so this is really what has made the biggest improvement in the quality of my life.
Hi Madisongrrl,
I went to my Doc appt today. Asked the neurologist about Low Dose Naltrexone for my pain and burning. He laughed and said "that stuff doesn't work for your kind of pain". I told him I talked to a few people on this site that use it and have gotten some relief. He said he hardly prescribes it and wouldn't prescribe it for me! I was so mad...I will ask my PM Doc on Monday what he thinks. Wanted to share this with you and others that use this med.
I'm reallly getting tired of this pain and these damn doctors!!
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote