View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 03:33 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Question New and Confused

Hello, my name is Cherrish. I went into the ER on 02.12.16 and came out with enough diagnoses to make my head spin, well, that is if I wasn't so afraid to turn my neck. First, I have been Dx with trigeminal neuralgia, and yet from what I read, I am not sure that, that is an accurate Dx. I have burning, tingling that is CONSTANT on my left side of face. The level of numbness differs from day to day...today being horrific! I am on gabapentin 300mg, 3 times a day for the TN. An MRI of my brain revealed 21 lesions in the white matter of my brain, as well as mild cerebral atrophy. Yes, 21 of them suckers. Next, they moved on to a MRI of my spine and cervical area. My spine was okay, but my cervical area (neck) OMG!!!! I have "C2/3 Mild right facet joint hypertrophy. C3/4 Disc osteophyte complex with mild central canal narrowing. Minimal bilateral neural foraminal narrowing due to uncovertebral joint hypertrophy. Disc osteophyte complex with mind to moderate central canal narrowing at C4-C5 with flattening of the ventral surface of the cord, left greater than right. Moderate to sever asymmetric narrowing of left lateral recess and severe left neural foraminal narrowing due to uncovertebral joint hypertrophy. C5/6 Disc osteophyte complex with mild central canal narrowing. Mild left neural foraminal narrowing due to uncovertebral joint hypertrophy. C6/7 Disc osteophyte complex with minimal central canal narrowing." Does anyone care to explain all of that mumbojumbo????? From what I was told, the disc in my neck is bulging and I have a spur on the vertebrae and I have thickening of the ligament, which all of this is causing encroachment into my spinal canal. I was told I could do yoga, but it had to be "gentle" yoga. I am scared to even move. UGH! In addition, they did a lumber puncture (spinal tap) to get clarity in reference to the lesions on my brain...I have yet to get those results.

I AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. I am trying to assemble my healthcare team and yet running into roadblocks. I went to ER today due to worsening face symptoms paired with feeling drunk after drinking no alcohol whatsoever. That was a colossal waste of time. The doctor did NOTHING and then offered me narcotics..no thanks.

Can someone help me make any sense out of this huge lead balloon that was just dropped in my lap. Thanks.
ch3rirish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (02-23-2016), Lara (02-19-2016), Littlepaw (02-19-2016)