Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 05:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile Spondyloarthropathy

Hi Dreamer - I just joined, mainly to see how other folks are managing their Ankylosing Spondylitis. I haven't found anyone with it yet but your diagnosis is very similar. I'm also a semi-retired RN [nurse] so I do a lot of research online and elsewhere about this disorder.
Spondyloarthropathy is the broader category name for what is essentially a type of arthritis that affects mostly the spine. Because it can affect the vertebra in different ways, neuropathy can result, especially if inflammation causes nerves to be pinched. Pain can be at quite a distance from the spine [such as in the feet or hands] but be caused by trauma to spinal nerves.
It is an autoimmune condition and can exist by itself or with other autoimmune disorders.
The Spondylitis Association of America is an excellent resource *admin edit* if you look up the organization, you should find them ....... I hope this helps! OmaChar

Last edited by Chemar; 02-19-2016 at 07:35 AM. Reason: NeuroTalk Guidelines/Newly Joined Members
OmaChar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (02-19-2016), pinkynose (02-19-2016), zkrp01 (02-19-2016)