View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 09:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default You Are Not Alone

Joannetb,

I have exactly that problem too. Everywhere I read about PCS it says, family and friends; family and friends. They ain't kiddin'. I've dealt with almost nonstop stress and grief since my Mom's rapid decline starting almost exactly a year ago and find myself alone in a fair-sized house with my comfortable routine and generally cheerful--and disciplined--nature, destroyed.

Every time I interact with someone I feel better but I get so damned little of it, with family not in town here and only a smattering of casual acquaintances. My little world used to revolve around supper at 3 pm. Now eating has become a mandatory chore and I hope just to get through the day. Often when my mood is good loneliness rears up. I think a lot of our negatives are perfectly natural, acceptable. Before I could escape into internet work--especially researching PCS--and reading but those things aren't as reliable now. Nothing yet is safe except deep relaxation or even sleep and of course you don't want to be in that state all the time.

Mark is right on with support groups. The best kind of interaction is with others in similar situations.
brownehn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote