View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 02:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
All former SSI reviews and conversation I have come from my state
It's possible SSI claims mailing procedures are different than SSDI claims. Two separate departments.
I am receiving SSDI & all of my correspondence from them are from Washington DC, the headquarters.

Quote:
Question 5 was have I gone to any clinics or Doctors for treatment from Feb 2014 till now. Has only 3 open spots for answers. I have been afraid to return to a medical Doctor I guess I have no choice I had planned to. After what happened I stayed with just my psychiatrist and ignored my medical Doctor.
In answering question #5, be truthful.

Quote:
I went to an actual clinic tonight and needed to.
If you were comfortable w/the clinic physician(s) that treated you, perhaps you should consider making the clinic your treating facility for your medical (physical) needs.
It is your right & the law to obtain your original medical records from your old doctor to give to your new doctor(s).
Or you can request your new doctor(s) to obtain your medical records. You will need to sign a medical authorization so that your new doctor(s) can obtain your medical records from your old doctor.
Another option would be asking your psychiatrist for treating physician recommendations. Specifically one that accepts SSI patients and/or whatever type of health insurance program you are on.

SIDEBAR: You should also have copies of your medical records for YOUR records. Read them w/a fine tooth comb. Especially the doctor NOTES. Make sure there are no errors/mistakes.

GOOD LUCK!