View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 07:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I wasn't offended at all! These stupid programs can be extremely frustrating to work with. Sometimes there is a box for "other" you can check and type in what you need. However we are also told to only use that option if it is really necessary and we should try and limit how often we use it. If what we need isn't there I am not going to try and change what the patient says to make it fit into the options available!

I really have a love/hate relationship with electronic charting! I would love for a company to use nurse's input when designing a new software. I say nurse because I think we chart more than some of the other healthcare workers. People aren't like machines, everyone is a little different and we need to be able to allow for that.

I feel like a lot of it comes down to the pressure placed by administration to see as many patients as possible . They are so focused on making a profit that they forget they are in the business of treating people. My PM was new to the company (a big healthcare company with multiple hospitals) when I first started seeing him and I loved how he took the time to explain everything to me. Now they want him to see more patients in the same amount of time. I have talked to him about this and I know he is really frustrated but there isn't much he can do. Luckily he doesn't ask to see me in the office very often and we communicate via My Chart. Side note I really love My Chart because I can see my test results, schedule appointments and send messages to my doctors.

I guess I rambled on again! I just wonder how many mistakes are made because we are forced to rush through assessments and are forced to squeeze everything into these little constricted boxes. However I also believe in accountability for one's actions. Hopefully by bringing attention to these mistakes it can help prevent future errors from being made.
NurseKris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (02-21-2016), PurpleFoot721 (02-21-2016)