View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 10:18 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

@Bob... If you tap your inner wrist do you feel a tingling in the palm and fingers? If so this is called Tinel's sign. It usually happens when there is compression in the carpal tunnel which is in the inner wrist. This might help:
Topical magnesium...is helpful for me. I've had carpal tunnel for over 30 yrs...sometimes it is minimal and other times it flares up.

The remedy many of us used topically Morton's epsom loton was recently discontinued by Morton which infuriates me. But there are other products designed to carry magnesium thru the skin to where it can work on pain or poor circulation.
This is one product that has been around for decades...
http://www.amazon.com/Kirkman-Labs-M...7KG0213NQJR2PS

There are others too on Amazon, so you can search there. They are all more pricey than the Morton's. Amazon raised their affordable price of Morton to an unrealistic amount. So don't get it. There are still some Walgreen's who have it on the shelf...you might check where you live, just in case. You don't need alot of topical product on the wrist, so a container will last you a long time. (some of us have a stash of Morton's now because we went out and bought out the local supply when we discovered Morton was discontinuing it. I suspect it never was popular enough to keep making it. They never advertised it, for example for some reason).

Topical magnesium is very very helpful. It does 3 things.
1) improves circulation to the affected area
2) blocks the pain receptors called NMDA
3) Provides magnesium to the body for use in the mitochondria for energy production, and many other biochemical reactions.

I find it more helpful than oral forms.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bestbob (02-23-2016), Littlepaw (02-21-2016), Lukesmom (02-21-2016)