View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 02:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dear Angell,

I don't know any information on the use of opioids for pain related to MG. However, in the past, I did take pain medication for other reasons. It was very helpful for me. I went to a well-recognized pain management clinic at a teaching hospital here. I had the same reaction you did. Rather than getting sleepy due to the pain medication, as I had in the past, I did much better with it. I had more energy, and I could concentrate better, that sort of thing. The doctors at the clinic told me that this can happen sometimes when people have had a lot of pain, and the pain is finally treated appropriately. Sometimes patients function much better on pain medication than they do off it, when they finally get some relief from their pain. Maybe it is your MG pain, and perhaps as JulieJayne said, you might have another issue as well. At any rate, it sounds like the pain medication has really been a useful part of your treatment.

I hope you'll talk with your doctor about the use of your medication. Most people can use pain medication safely, and will not become addicted. It is a shame for you to miss out on using it regularly if it is helping you move more easily and also get better sleep.

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
angell (02-21-2016)