View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
Hi Diandra

Just a suggestion before you fork out $$$$ for the biofeedback or hypnosis treatment. Some people just don't respond to that type of treatment - maybe because their brains are wired differently or there may be some unknown neurological condition that is making the brain less receptive.

I'm one of them - 7 years ago I was prescribed hypnotherapy to assist with chronic pain for an (at that time) undiagnosed physical condition. I did 4 sessions (privately). I suspected right from the 1st session that I wasn't receptive but carried on - desperate for improvement. By the 4th session my pragmatism (and rapidly emptying wallet) kicked in and I asked the therapist more probing questions about how I should be responding and she grudgingly admitted that I wasn't very susceptible to hypnosis. She would have carried on treating me as long as I was gullible enough to pay.

So I would recommend a few trial sessions to assess your receptiveness before committing to an expensive residential course.

All the best for finding some relief.
Thanks so much for your input. It is very valuable to me. I am glad you were sharp enough to recognize hypnosis it was not working for you and terminate.

I did one hypnosis session for pain years ago and it did help me. The psychiatrist was REALLY weird and creeped me out so I did not return to him. I don't know why I have not explored it again. The reason I want to try one of these places is because the combo of my pain meds and the meds I take for breast cancer are becoming problematic and I want to try and reduce my pain meds.

Thanks, D.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (02-21-2016)