View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 08:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliejayne View Post
Angell,

If the pain is sufficient that you require Hydrocodone, then it seems possible that there is something else apart from or alongside the MG going wrong.

Also if Hydrocodone is "fixing" all the problems, even, temporarily, that does not sound like MG. It is not uncommon for people with one autoimmune disease to acquire a 2nd one, after all the problem is the autoimmune system, MG or Lupus or whatever is simply the manner in which your autoimmune system has decided to malfunction.
I've been tested for a number of other autoimmune disorders, but no hits yet. I do believe it is related to the MG however. I also realize that I could be wrong. But here's the situation:

My doctor tells me that I can't work. So I've applied for disability. If one works while they are awaiting disability, then that is considered proof that one can work and therefore disability is denied. Unfortunately, no one seems to have any answer about how I'm suppose to keep a roof over my head, food in my stomach, and put gas into the car so that I can get to an average of 3.89 doctor appointments a week. So I work under the table.

I wake at 4am every day so that the pain and stiffness is sufficiently under control that I can move by 6:30am when I start working. I feed sixty-five horses every morning, followed by mucking (cleaning) twenty-four stalls. When my legs give out and I fall, I get back up again and continue because there is no other choice. In December I had shoulder surgery to repair a complete tear of my left rotary cuff and bicep which tore off. An MRI has shown that my right rotary cuff and bicep have also torn, along with both elbows and my right knee. One surgery at a time.

So far this year we've received 56 tonnes of alfalfa and grass to feed the horses. We average a seven tonne delivery every week, though we've received as much as twenty-one tonnes in a single day. I have to unload the hay and stack it. The alfalfa comes in thirty-five kilogram bales, the grass comes in fifty kilogram bales. Thus far this year I have had to unload them and stack them (six high) using one arm because of the surgery.

Fences need repaired daily, usually at least a couple of ninety kilogram railroad ties need to be planted in a meter deep hole every week. It's all done by hand, regardless of whether I'm having a good day with my MG or a bad one. Then, at 4pm, it's time to feed the horses again. It may be that the pain is unrelated to my MG, but this kind of daily activity coupled with the MG pushes my muscles to the breaking point and beyond, as evidenced by the muscle and tendon tears.
angell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote