View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 05:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Lingering PCS and head sensitivity

Hello all, I've been lurking on and off for a while and have decided to post. I've had by my count 5 concussions in my life doing various things. PCS has gotten worse and worse, lasting longer with the last 3 concussions. The last one I hit my head in the shower (closed injury), and have had PCS for the past 6 months. It has been a slow recovery so far, generally slow improvement the whole time with some setbacks.

My problem is that my head is very sensitive to shaking, I've had 5 or 6 setbacks recently in the last couple months from simply shaking my head "no" out of reflex when someone asks me a question. It is normal to be this sensitive? It usually take 1-2 weeks to recover from a setback like this, which brings on the full range of PCS, weakness/fatigue, vision/focus trouble, sound/light sensitivity, headache. The other trigger I've found is vibration, running an orbital sander gave me symptoms, as did a massage device at the chiropractor.

If I'm not having these setbacks, PCS isn't ruling my life anymore. I'm still not ready to do anything really active yet, but it's very discouraging to be getting these symptoms from a head shake so small. My current neuro gave me an very unsatisfactory answer (tearing nerve tissue in my neck), which doesn't make sense with the vibration aspect, or that I got PCS from trying to gently shake water out of my ear. Does anyone else experience this? Are there other treatment options that I'm missing?
metmike07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote