View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 10:29 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I've only been dx'ed since Aug '13. And I'm one neurologist number 3. First one was an idiot who tried to pawn it off as diabetes. Second one drove me nuts by suggesting that if PT didn't work as they kept crippling me further, that I might try going to the YMCA and taking some yoga classes... ah huh, so certified medical practitioners made things worse, but I'm suppose to entrust my body to a part time yogi.

My latest neuro, we can get along. My DH doesn't like her much because she doesn't talk down to his level. And she doesn't have a lot to offer. But then, I'm at the end of the line for medication to treat my symptoms, and I'm already taking a DMD. So she's kind of in the position of well... let's just keep an eye on things and hope you don't get worse not that there's anything we can do for you if you do... you can't take steroids like 99% of the rest of the pts.

She did however get me hooked up with my AFO, that I've been trying to get for years now. She also introduced me to a local support group for MS. And I am finally after all these years "disabled". Not that it does me any good after all these years to finally be "disabled" because I don't qualify for disability, but it will help me out down the road when my DH retires or if he should pass before I do. Even though they're changing the rules for spouses collecting the other's social security but I'm already the injured spouse, so the rules won't apply to me and I should be able to collect the entirety.

So there's a lot more she has done for me than my previous two neurologists. The first one only made me want to bit through my tongue so I wouldn't shout explicitives at him so I wouldn't find myself getting dx'ed with Tuerettes syndrome and the second one, really only gave me a pretty well known dx and a DMD rx.