View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 02:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Glenn, thank you for this useful link. As I read more and more last night, into the night, and much of today, I learned that he is quite the star, an excellent physician and researcher. I've read a number of his papers and studies now, and some others. I had no idea. What fascinating and important work!

People might find this useful too: http://chriskresser.com/pioneering-r...ity-leaky-gut/.

I will look on this forum for that, thanks. I'll also explore the link you sent. There seems to be a lot there. It seems that he's confirming that gut based autoimmunity is more like gut originating autoimmunity, given his work on other, ostensibly non-gut autimmunities, say MS and the others he mentions. It seems that leaky gut is the door through which many problems and autoimmunities develop. And then there's the drug that might be out in 2018. I wonder. I wish I had been test for CD back when I was still eating gluten, but it's too late now. I can see if I can get the genetic testing done, but that will just rule it out, not confirm a diagnosis.

I suppose all I can do now is work on healing my gut and see what happens. Perhaps I will stay off gluten for the rest of my life. A big sacrifice, if I have no issue with it, but that's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--is one of the world's leading experts on celiac and other gut based autoimmunities.

We've had a lot of discussion on the gut-autoimmune connection here at Neurotalk in the past, particularly on the celiac/gluten sensitivity forum. For a very extensive database on all this, including the mediating effects of zonulin, "tight-junction dysfunction", genetic differences in reaction to antigens, etc., I do recommend perusing The Gluten File, which can be accessed through that forum:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1872.html

Last edited by DavidHC; 02-22-2016 at 04:23 PM.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote