View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 04:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starznight View Post
Hello, sorry to hear about your current issues. But yes it is normal for white spots to appear in the brain that are unrelated to any kind of health issue. It's just the natural process of aging. Just like little dimples and seemingly cracks in our bones, and shrinking of the spine, wrinkles as well, our brain doesn't maintain the same youthful appearance as we age.

And as your doctor already said, stress can explain the majority of your symptoms. And I imagine your job isn't an easy one. Add concern for your health on top of management and your brain just might be taking it's own vacations throughout the day.

Another question I would like to ask is how much sleep are you getting each night. While it's great that your blood work is normal and you don't seem to have a high lesion load for your age, are you getting enough sleep each night. To you wake up wishing you could crawl back into bed or do you bound out in the morning bright eyed and bushy tailed? Do you drink caffeinated drinks all day long to 'keep you going or keep you focused'? Are you a smoker or user of nicotine?

I'm not a doctor nor am I saying that your doctor IS correct, but there are a multitude of things that can make us lose our focus and feel like we are just 'zoned out', and even weak and uncoordinated. Lack of sleep is a big one.

If I were in your position not only might I seek second opinion from the neurologist, but I might also ask my GP for an EKG to be run, just to make sure that the heart isn't causing some kind of fuss, since it sounds like you've already ruled out most every other major physiological problem at this point, it's probably not the brain, the thyroid, or diabetes. Next stop is the heart and lungs. The body needs blood to function and oxygen to function.

Good luck and may you not end up having MS. It's not a fun thing to have so really happy to say welcome to the boards, but not to the club (as of yet).

Also there are no neurologists on this board, we can not give exact medical advice. Though we have a few nurses, but they too can only offer support not a medical opinion of what may be causing your symptoms. Very sorry if that was the main reason behind your posting on these boards
Thanks Starz

Indeed thank you very much for your kind advise. It really helped me a lot. Your right that things do show up, my only concern is are these intensitivities a maker of MS. As in MS these do appear.
I do get a sleep of around 7-8 hrs but it's not a complete sleep meaning that I will wake up in a middle occasionally for couple of minutes. Also I occasionally will have difficulty sleeping.

Well in terms of waking up, it gets difficult to wake up and I do not feel fresh even after a good night sleep. I do drink Coke 2 cans a day with my meals but not for keeping me up, it's just my habit. I do not drink or smoke at all. In fact I never did.

I had 2 ECGs both were normal. The update is I saw my GP today, he did asked me to keep a log of my symptoms, after reviewing my symptom log he kind of assured me that these symptoms are most likely due to my anxiety and stress. Additionally he was keen to refer me to psychologist. But we ended up me being referred to neurology hospital, where there are not only neurologist but also neuropsychologists too.
My GP commented that second neuro review will only be for my assurance but they will likely refer me to neuropsychologist which he thinks will be beneficial.

Let's hope for the best things go well with all of us.

I have not read your threat. What made you join this?
Kamavi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (02-24-2016), Starznight (02-24-2016)