View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 06:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not posting the day of my appointment. I just forgot to check neurotalk surprisingly. (Very rare for me cause I usually have nothing to do)

Anyway, when I walked into the room and she asked about my friends, I immediately bursted into tears. I handed her the paragraph I wrote and had her read it. The paragraph explained all my difficulties with friends. When I was crying I ended up going in deeper and telling her how everything in my life is so hard now because of this unreal feeling.

I think it helped to cry and tell her everything. It was extremely awkward in the moment, but now I feel better when I walk into the room because she knows my suffering.

On a good note...

Those hair labs that I was talking about came in, and guess what, I have too much copper and sulfur in my body! For those who don't know the labs test your hair folecules. In these hair folecules they are able to see your mineral levels and toxicity in your body. I thought it was worth the shot. All blood tests and everything physical came back fine, but I thought let me get the most precise test of them all and see what shows up. My copper level is a 5.0 and the reference range is 0.9 to 3.9.

This is exciting news, as it gives me a sigh of relief that I'm not crazy. However, I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. I'm waiting to see how the treatment (supplements) helps my symptoms wise. Who knows, the Copper and other inbalances could be completely unrelated to my depersonalization, or it could be the main cause of my symptoms. The Dr. also said it could take up to 30 days to see any improvement, which also is horrible for me.

I personally still believe it is a combination of things. I think it is Stress, Anxiety, post concussion syndrome, and my Mineral/Vitamin inbalances.
SamG11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-23-2016), barbo (02-24-2016), bizi (02-22-2016), eva5667faliure (03-20-2016), ger715 (03-09-2016), Littlepaw (02-22-2016), OhKay (02-24-2016), PurpleFoot721 (02-23-2016), Wren (02-22-2016)