View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 07:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
metmike07,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Head sensitivity to quick movements is a common problem. As I was reading your post, I was thinking upper neck. Then, your neuro said the same. I'm not agreeing with the nerve tearing idea but can't say he is wrong. Either way, treating your upper neck with discipline may be helpful. I am concerned about upper neck inflammation. This can interrupt blood flow and nerve function.

Twist the head and pop the neck chiro work may be too aggressive. The mechanical massage may be too.

I suggest you work on maintaining good head and neck posture during sleep and resting. This can take a few months of discipline to get to a stable condition. Icing your upper neck may be helpful, especially when you have a headache.

You may need to learn to moderate head shaking movements. I have had to. No quick 'no' for me.

My best to you.
Thanks Mark,

I sleep on a contoured neck pillow from Tempurpedic, and have for years. I think I'm good in that departement.

One "symptom" concerning the upper neck that I've noticed is many times I can feel the blood pulsing through my upper neck into the back of my head. It's something I know I couldn't feel before the injury. Consuming alcohol makes this very noticeable, which I've completely stopped these days.
metmike07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote