Thread: Any Advice
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 10:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Any Advice

Hi all,

I don't venture onto this part of Neurotalk all that often, as I spend most of my time over on the RSD/CRPS sub-forum.

For those who do not know me, I had surgery last January to fuse both the subtalar and tibiotalar joints in my ankle after a 12+ year old injury ended up leaving me hobbling around with a cane with a high amount of swelling by the end of the day. Oh how I miss those days. Today, I spend most days in severe, constant pain from CRPS in not just my right ankle and foot, but now both legs, (entire right, and thigh to just below the knee on the left), both shoulders and into my left hand. I spend my day with my leg elevated to keep fair blood flow to my ankle, otherwise it turns purple and the pain gets worse. I do not know if the surgery caused the CRPS, if it was caused my a broken toe a few years back, or if it just happened over time with the high amount of trauma that I sustained years ago.

Thankfully, my husband, sister-in-laws and Mother-in-law all convinced me to file for SSDI and SSI as soon as surgery was recommended back in October of 2014. I did not qualify for SSI. I had too many assets, which has helped us get through financially for the last 16 months and is the only reason that we have made it along this long. Thursday, I finally received a call from my lawyer letting me know that my hearing in front of an ALJ has been scheduled for April 20th.

I am meeting with my lawyer on Thursday to review everything. I just want to ask everyone here if there is anything that I should know for either Thursday or come April. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (02-24-2016)