Old 02-23-2016, 12:43 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges View Post
Nonna, and Kathryn,
I will at respond to the concerns that you both have. My surgery was on Nov. 30, 2010. I understand that not all patients have the perfect outcome that I experienced, but some of that could be explained by how severe the damage has been to the nerves and surrounding tissue. I am now nearly three years post-op, and I am able to do nearly everything I did prior to my accident. The damaged nerve(s) bothered me for some time after surgery, but I continued with my physical therapy and worked through that. I am 61 years old, and was disabled for nearly five years. I am willing to speak with anyone who has concerns or questions about Tarlov cysts, the surgery, or the recovery process. You can private message me with your phone # or I will give you mine if you want to speak by phone. Full disclosure: I will be serving on the board of directors for the Tarlov Cyst Disease Foundation beginning in 2014. It is one way that I can give back to those who restored my life.
David
Dear David. Sorry to bother you, but this is my story. Two and a half years ago I saw Dr. FF. He suggested the surgery, but I was scared to death. Now, I hardly tolerate pain and ready to take the risk.
I am 61 work in the office sitting all day long and taken at leas 6 pills to survive until the end of the working day.
To make a living, I need to work at least for four more years before I can retire.
I have an insurance through my work. Not the best, but it's better than nothing.
I live is St. Louis. I have to start the whole process with tests again according to Dr. F's assistant.
How long did you wait before they took you for the surgery?
How it could work to fly to Dallas? Where to stay after the surgery? How long will it take before I can take the plane to go back home? Should somebody stay with me? What the average price for the surgery, of course it varies.. I understand.
So many other questions, but do not want to overwhelm you.

Thank you!
Toma.
Toma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote