View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, wasn't the best program for me at least. It had a few mild stretching exercises but wanted to focus more on strengthening exercises... Not a good thing for me at least since my lesion seems to be interfering with the signal to relax the muscles after contracting them. Which honestly is probably why PT doesn't work well for me.

My friend in England though was able to send me a disk of exercises from their MS society. Again a lot of strengthening exercises and nothing wowing for stretches, just the well known basics learned in every gym class but not too bad of set. Very few exercises but focused on not taxing the body and going for some 6 pack beach bod, but just a basic overall get up (or sit) and move the body. No gear needed aside from maybe some exercise bands (though the exercises can be done with nothing but gravity as resistance) and a towel.

Now this seems like something I can do, and stick with on a daily basis even if my initial reps aren't nearly as high as the recommended 8 to start... Heck I'm lucky if I can do 4 . Makes me realize how lazy I've been or maybe I'm just worn out from the GB, who knows.

I also really like the mister motivation exercises on YouTube. He's a trip to watch, but really great. I need to find the link for him to share it.
SallyC (02-29-2016)