View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 07:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma View Post
Dear David. Sorry to bother you, but this is my story. Two and a half years ago I saw Dr. FF. He suggested the surgery, but I was scared to death. Now, I hardly tolerate pain and ready to take the risk.
I am 61 work in the office sitting all day long and taken at leas 6 pills to survive until the end of the working day.
To make a living, I need to work at least for four more years before I can retire.
I have an insurance through my work. Not the best, but it's better than nothing.
I live is St. Louis. I have to start the whole process with tests again according to Dr. F's assistant.
How long did you wait before they took you for the surgery?
How it could work to fly to Dallas? Where to stay after the surgery? How long will it take before I can take the plane to go back home? Should somebody stay with me? What the average price for the surgery, of course it varies.. I understand.
So many other questions, but do not want to overwhelm you.

Thank you!
Toma.
Hi Toma, assistant in Dr. F's office should give you all the info you need. Surgery is done in Pine Creek Medical center in Dallas, one of the best. In surgery info I got was everything you need to stay in Dallas, names of hotels, restaurants etc. They will help you with all that. And yes, somebody should stay with you. There is a lot o restrictions after your surgery, you will need somebody around. My husband stayed home with me for 2 weeks. And I had to stay home for 90 days before returning to work.
How long wait before surgery is scheduled depends also on your insurance.
Price is also on your insurance, deductibles and your out of packet. Pine Creek Medical will work with you on payments. I can tell you this much, this surgery is not cheap, in my case it was worth every penny.
I hope everything is going to work out for you. Take care.
bobiJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote