View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 08:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Inspiredtoday, thank you for sharing that with us. I too have been going through regrets of not having children when I had the chance as well. I am unable to have children anymore, and every time I have brought up even the thought of adoption, I was told no. We are too old, too broken or too pore. Although it was probably the right choice, as I can not see being able to take on the responsibility of raising a child and dealing with CRPS as well, it has been an emotional struggle for me coming to accept not being able to raise and teach a child, give them my love and affection and show them life. That I will not be able to see the wonderment of a child's eyes as they discover so many new things growing up. To be able to take pride in knowing that I left an impression on someone that I meant so much to and means so much to me.

When it gets the best of me, I try to think that I am lucky enough to have 12 nieces and nephews whom I can still be a big part of their lives. I can still see, and have seen, them grow in to young adults. I can try to be the best aunt that I can be when they are around. I don't have to worry so much when they come home late after a night out with friends, or when they are catching a cold. I can leave most of the stresses, problems and difficulties of raising a child to my sister, sister-in-laws and brother-in-laws and only worry when I hear one of them call late at night. I can enjoy having them over to visit and share the moments I have with them. There is nothing stopping me from still doing all of those things every chance I get.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote