View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 03:40 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

You keep redefining what I have said. I did not say avoid screens. I said moderate screens. Are you limited to only 3D video games and fast paced action movies ? There are lots of other things that are not so over-stimulating.

You sounds like you are determined to want it all back vs want some of it back. There is a lot of 'some of it' that we can still do.

What is most important is to reduce the peaks of stimulation. There should be a level of stimulation that you can tolerate. You may need to just mourn the loss of your previous high intensity life and find a lower intensity life than you can develop into a full life.

It is the continuity of good days that helps with recovery best, not the sum total of sporadic good days.

You would likely also benefit from some help with your OCD like tendencies. You seem to get focused on small details and needing a definitive answer to questions about those small details. This is a stressor. The brain struggles to let go and the ruminating creates a cascade of chemistry that is not good.

Regarding things to do. I have found a wealth of informative YouTube videos for just about every issue. Past TV episodes like Modern Marvels, Discovery, History etc. can occupy hours, or at least those times when you just need a distraction. Most are not fast paced.

I stick on my headphones and zone out watching these.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote