Thread: topamax
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 04:54 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default topamax

the topamax is working both good and bad. i waited all day for a food delivery only to find out that it is for tomorrow. i am trouble having spelling words. i can't remember certain things. i am not binging.I thought i lost my address book but it fell out of my bag when i was leaving the house. the next day i thought i lost my scarf but it fell down in the house when i was leaving. i saw a pair of shoes i loved and did'n't bid on them. what a trade off. I don't know when i will hear from my doctor's office. I might call them tomorrow afternoon.
bobby
I just read this " In contrast is topiramate (Topamax and generic), a drug that has been successful in treating volunteers who were still drinking heavily, according to a new analysis by the American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists. But unlike the other medications, topiramate is not FDA-approved (also called "off-label" prescribing) to treat alcohol dependence.

Available as a tablet or capsule, topiramate is approved to treat certain types of seizures and prevent migraine headaches. It's used off-label to combat alcoholism because in addition to other effects, it appears to correct a chemical imbalance in the brain caused by chronic drinking including a decrease in "rewarding" effects in the brain from continued consumption."
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-24-2016), Dmom3005 (02-25-2016), Mari (02-24-2016), OhKay (02-25-2016)