View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 04:57 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

If you are up to your past functionality for 3 or 4 weeks at a time then crash, you need to figure out what caused the crash. An evening of 3D video games, a fast paced movie ? I don't think your need is healing. I think your need is accepting those few triggers and learning to avoid them.

Your life will not likely ever be back to what it was. You will likely always have to be aware of a few trigger activities. If you feel your life is incomplete without those trigger activities, then you need to plan on setbacks after those engaging in those trigger activities.

It could be that pushing into that adrenaline rush so many pursue is what is setting you back.

The injured brain never heals back to the pre-injury condition. It will always have some weakened functions. Those weakened functions will become more prevalent when they are stressed. Many hardly ever notice those weakened functions until rare times of stress. It sounds like your lifestyle tends to include those stresses more frequently and to a higher degree.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote