View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 05:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I used to drink quite a lot of beer myself, for a number of years. So I was a heavy drinkers for a few years, and beer is as bad as it gets for the gut.

Treatment depends on what is going on with you. I use diet, herbal antibiotics and antifungals, probiotics, supplements and anything else that might help. Take a look online, do some research on SIBO, leaky gut/intestinal permeability, candida, and such things.

There are some tests for these things, but they are pricey and not the most accurate. You could see a functional MD, a naturopath, or even a gastroenterologist, though the latter don't quite know what to do other than stick a camera in various places. If you can find an open minded functional GI, then try it.

Take a look at some of my other posts if you're interested and you think it would help. I've posted a lot about diet, GI issues and the like. Just check under my name. I've also written extensively about my diet, which is a self-designed ketogenic paleo diet. This piece is useful and close to what I do in many ways. I learned a lot from her: http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmun...mmune-protocol. The main difference is that I cut out fruits and starchy veggies too and go into ketosis. If you have SIBO or dysbiosis, keeping the carbs down helps a lot, and sometimes is essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak2016 View Post
It seems that we both might be having same gut issues (mine one is due to alcohol abuse for about 8 months),

How should i start the treatment ?
Which type of doctor i should visit ?
What are tests can diagnose my gut issues ?

Also, if possible please share your diet plan with me. Thanks in advance.

Can we share email id or phone number on this forum ?
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
deepak2016 (02-24-2016)