View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 07:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart

Hello Tom,

I am so sorry for what your family and daughter are going through. It must be especially hard to deal with a CRPS diagnosis from a parent's perspective. We do have some other parents here in the group but I know all of us will want to jump in and help.

Know first of all that there is hope. 80% of people improve over time according to CRPS bigwig Dr. Michael Stanton-Hicks of Cleveland Clinic. Early identification and treatment lead to better outcomes so you're doing well in that regard. Gentle, consistent movement and use of the limb is vitally important. Whatever can be done to improve strength and range of motion without causing flare up of pain will help.

Many of us have found the following video from Dr. Pradeep Chopra helpful. He is compassionate and non-doomsday. The video is 2 hours long and has specific tips on treatments and therapy with a segment on pediatric patients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3LKhOZ8mAM

CRPS can be triggered by surgery alone and quite a few of us have landed here that way. I have not seen any literature on concussion myself but with this illness, who knows? I personally think the most important focus should be on comfort and movement with weightbearing if she can tolerate and is medically cleared for it. Pool therapy is great and fun for kids, so that's definitely something to explore. After any surgery, nerve entrapment is an important consideration and the most important rule-out. If you need a second opinion or follow up imaging push to get it. Incidents do happen even with perfect and "minimally invasive" procedures.

Please let us know how she's doing and come for sharing and support. You are not alone. It sounds like you have a strong, bright girl with a great attitude. Those traits will take her far.

Sending thoughts of healing and comfort,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (02-24-2016), mama mac (02-24-2016), PurpleFoot721 (02-24-2016), TomVB (02-27-2016)